Friday, June 29, 2012

{ Faith } filled Friday


Okay, y'all. This is awesome. I L-O-V-E how God works. It brings chills down my spine just thinking about it.

I was in some sort of funk this afternoon. No lie.

I couldn't even tell you how it started or what brought it on. One minute I was fine and the next I was in a- full. blown. meltdown. Complete with Disney Princess style tears running down my face. Out of nowhere. I mean, it's not like I could really blame it on hormones or PMS, because that all happened last week.

{I know.... TMI. But we get real here on the blog. And last week's PMS was sans meltdown. Weird, huh. Last week.. PMS... no meltdown. This week... no PMS... with a bonifide meltdown. It's just weird, that's all I'm saying.} 


Okay... back to my story. Sorry y'all. I'm scatter-brained today.

So, I'm sitting on our couch, crying. For no good reason. And crying out to the Lord at the same time, to bring some sort of clarity to my mind. We've had a lot to deal with this week, so perhaps the meltdown was an accumulation of all of the stress? As I'm reading my Bible and seeking time to literally do nothing but sit in God's presence, the Holy Spirit leads me to Psalm 145. At first I didn't think anything of it. Only until I began reading and re-reading this passage of scripture did I realize that this is the same passage that I was lead to put down for week 1 of the sexy back challenge ...that starts next week.

Amazing, huh?

But get this. Until today, I had every verse in Psalm 145 underlined... except for verse 7 and verses 14-17. And you guessed it, those were the exact verses that He used to speak to me today. Why I had never given much thought to those particular verses before, I do not know. But I can tell you that they spoke powerfully to me today. Especially verse 7, which says:

They shall eagerly utter the memory of Your abundant goodness and will shout joyfully of Your righteousness.


So that is what I plan to do every Friday. I will eagerly share with you how God has displayed His abundant goodness to me throughout the week.


I'd really like to link up with other blogs so that we can all share how good God is, and declare that to the blogging community. What do y'all think? I'd like to come up with some sort of cute blog button to display for the link up as well.... but y'all, I am technologically challenged. Ask my hubby. He'll tell ya. So, if any of you sweet, sweet, blog friends know how to do this and could help me out, I will be your forever friend! I know that there are link up services out there... again, I just don't know which to use, or how to use it for that matter. 

What do y'all think? IS this something that you would even consider writing about on your blogs? Please, share your thoughts with me!


**** Edit****

After publishing this, I found out that there is already a Faith Filled Friday blog link-up over at Beholding Glory. I'm currently deciding if I will just link up with Laura each week or if I will simply come up with another name. I'll keep you posted :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of share about God's goodness each Friday - I would definitely be up for doing the same! (Although I work a night shift every Thursday, so I may not be able to form whole sentences!). Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!