Saturday, September 15, 2012

Our {adoption} Journey: Thus Far


Growing up, Greg and I had always had a longing to adopt- we just never discussed the matter much once we were married- until recently. Little did we know, but God was stirring up a deep passion within both of us, to bring more children into our home by means of adoption. In 2010 God began to open our eyes through His Word,  to His great love for orphans, and the role and responsibility His bride {the Church} has in caring for them. It was then, that God called our family to adopt.

Throughout the past two years, the Lord has not been idle in preparing us to bring another child into our family. There is much more to the adoption process than merely filling out mounds of paperwork, participating in home studies, taking online adoption courses, writing check after check after check, traveling etc. He sought to purge us of selfish desires. He sought to bring us to our knees so that our story was not simply about our longing for a daughter, but that this was about being the Gospel in action- that our story was quite literally, our faith on display for all to see. He has humbled us in ways that will require our family to point to heaven and say, "This adoption, was made possible by Christ, and Christ alone!"

Currently, we are in the process of finding an agency to work with. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has called us to bring home a little girl from Ethiopia, so our days are consumed with online searches for Christian international adoption agencies. We've narrowed down the search and we're seeking God's guidance as far as which one to go with. We have also just started our adoption savings account- because people don't take you seriously until you start budgeting for these kinds of things.

Meanwhile, we are stepping out in faith in several areas of our lives {particularly in the area of our finances} and we're asking God to provide our family with the means to complete the adoption application, home study fee, and agency fees. We eagerly anticipate His divine intervention as we wait. The waiting period is hard, but He has taught us a great deal about Himself thus far, and we know to expect more periods of waiting once our journey has "officially" begun.

Keep checking back with us, as I will post more updates as they happen. Updates from this moment forward can be found here.


Linking up with:
Photobucket



A Community of Mothers

12 comments:

  1. Such exciting news! I can't wait to read all about your amazing journey! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! We are excited as well as we step out in faith in this new journey :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I found you on the Blog Hop and am now a new follower. I'd love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com and on Pinterest. I follow back all my Pinterest followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from The TT Diaries your newest follower from the weekend blog walk. It is amazing to hear what the Lord is doing in you and your husbands hearts. I have the utmost faith that things will turn out exactly right. I am also nominating your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award I will have a post up about it tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to check it out and follow the directions to nominate others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful thing to read :) Adoption has always been on my heart as well. Prayers for you and your growing family!

    Jenna
    callherhappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna:
    I'm going to pass on your blog to a friend who feels exactly the way you do and is waiting for God to provide a child.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenna:
    I'm back already. I just posted your link on my blog and emailed Paula.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy!

      Are you talking about me {the author of the post} or Jenna from Call Her Happy? Just trying to follow along with the conversation :)

      Delete
  7. That's an amazing story. I look forward to hearing more about your journey!

    I'm stopping by from the Naptime Review. I'd love for you to visit my blog at http://www.fashionablysaving.wordpress.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really inspiring. The Lord guides us along many paths to humble us, learn new love and gratitude. I will keep ya'll in my prayers for a further blessed journey and your family gets the addition you are waiting for.

    Congratulations on Co-hosting the Mommy Brain Mixer this Thursday. I connected to you, and look forward to your shares. You can find me at http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!