Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!



And because I love you all dearly, I am including the recipe for one of my favorite holiday side dishes.
This is my grandmother's recipe and I get asked for it many times every year.
Enjoy!

Coca Cola Salad

Ingredients:
1 large package of Black Cherry Jello
1 large can of crushed pineapples
1 Cup of chopped nuts (we are fans of pecans)
1 (12 oz) bottle of Coca Cola
1 large can of Black Cherries (Dark Sweet)
1 package of cream cheese (cut into small cubes)

Directions:
Drain juice from both the pineapple and black cherries and put into a saucepan. Bring juice to a boil and add in the jello until fully dissolved (approximately 2 minutes). Slowly add in the coca cola. Add in the pineapples, cherries, nuts and cubed cream cheese. Put into a dish and refrigerate until firm (approximately 4-6 hours).


I hope that you enjoy your time with those you love!
Happy Thanksgiving! 
I am incredibly grateful for all of you and have been truly blessed to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!