Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bringing Sexy Back: Week 1 Check-In


Hey Y'all!

Wow- Week 1 of the Sexy Back challenge is already over! I can't believe it. This week has literally flown by. Here is a quick recap of how I'm doing.



Physically-

I've met all of my workout goals this week. YAY!! Which means that I am complete with week 1 of my half marathon training. Wooohoo!!

 For those of you who are new to the blog, my husband Greg, and I will be running a half marathon with team World Vision in October. If you would like to learn more about World Vision, or would like to make a donation, click here. In a nutshell, Greg and I are running to raise money to provide things like clean drinking water, food, education, and medical care for those living in Africa. We have supported World Vision as a family for several years and are currently sponsoring a little boy in Chile. So this organization is very near and dear to our hearts. It takes only $50 to provide one person with clean drinking water for an entire generation, which is pretty mind blowing if you ask me. If you will, please check out the site! Even if you cannot make a donation, please pass along the information to your family and friends, because every single dollar helps.



Mentally-






I'm currently reading 52 Things Kids Need From A Mom by Angela Thomas, and I must say, I am enjoying this book. It's an easy read and Angela does a wonderful job not making you feel guilty as a mother if you are not currently doing some of the things mentioned. She describes the topics addressed in the book as mere prompts to get you thinking. They are more or less various ways that you can address the needs of your children. I know for me, I can easily get too caught up in the "roles of motherhood," such as cleaning, doing the laundry, cooking, running errands, etc. This book has been a great reminder that my role as a mother goes much, much deeper. It's my ministry. My love offering to the Lord. I highly recommend it.



Spiritually-


This week I committed to memorizing Psalm 145 and as of this very moment, I almost have it down. I think by the end of the evening I'll have it. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to report this information to all of you, because as of right now, you'll just have to take my word that I have indeed memorized each passage of Scripture. I'm debating doing a vlog each week... but I don't know if this will bore you or not. So feel free to let me know what you think.

If you haven't signed up for the Sexy Back Challenge, there is still time! Head on over to Carlos Whittaker's blog and sign up there. Remember, you can always follow along on Twitter or Instagram by using the hash tag #SexyBack12.

Oh yeah, almost forgot! There are still a few more days left to get your posts in for the {faith} filled life blog link up! I've met some wonderful ladies from the UK as a result! We would absolutely love for you to join us :) Have a great weekend, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!