Thursday, July 5, 2012

DIY: Homemade Febreze



Fabric softener + baking soda + hot water = homemade Febreze.

Who would have thought?!

I wish that I could claim the credit for coming up with this ingenious idea, but regretfully, I cannot. I found this nifty DIY on Pinterest {surprise, surprise} and came across the blog, Life.Family.Love  where I am to believe, the idea originated.


What you'll need:
1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used Downy April Fresh)
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot tap water
Spray bottle 


I already had all of the ingredients that the recipe called for, so I immediately ran to the laundry room, gathered up the supplies, and made my first batch of homemade febreze. ***I tweaked the measurements just a little bit because my spray bottle was much smaller. To be honest, I just eye-balled it, which doesn't help any, I know***And you know what, y'all... it works! My house smells so fresh and clean. I used it on everything. The curtains. The couch. Throw pillows. Blankets. Comforters. The dog {so just kidding!} It appears to be completely safe to use around your pets and children. And you can't beat the price at $0.15 a bottle either!

Once again, Pinterest, you are slowly turning me into a domesticated diva :)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea especially when you have lots of pets like I do! Thanks for sharing!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used it every single day since I made my first batch because I love it so much! I sprayed some on our sheets yesterday and when I got into bed last night, the sheets STILL smelled amazing and were nice and soft :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!