Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ornaments for Adoption


I cannot begin to tell you how excited and blessed I am to participate in Ornaments for Adoption. When Megan first contacted me and asked me if I would be interested in fundraising for the Brock family, I did not hesitate, because I know first-hand how hard it is to sacrifice and somehow stretch an already tight budget to bring a child into a forever family. As most of you know, our family has been called to adopt from Ethiopia, so this fundraiser holds a special place in our heart because we are very passionate about providing orphans with a forever home.



It has been my experience so far in our own adoption journey that God often provides the funds through people like me and you- strangers who have no personal ties to the adoptive family- but who understand that the church is obligated to care for the least of these, as Jesus commanded. {For a list of Biblical references on the Church’s responsibility to care for the orphaned, visit my orphan care/adoption page}.

 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress... James 1:27

Most of us will begin, if we haven’t already, Christmas shopping for our loved ones. Why not give a double blessing this year? When you purchase an ornament through Ornaments for Adoption, you will not only bless your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, with an adorable custom made ornament, but you will bless this precious family with the means to bring their child home.

The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ Matthew 25:40

Will you pause for a moment and contemplate how different your life would be if you did not have the love of a family? Will you give the gift of a family this year?


Just a Small Town Girl

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate what you are doing! I have a heart for adoption too and advocate for orphans on my blog! Thanks for doing your part to help the children by helping this family and making these beautiful ornaments!
    Pam http://savinghissparrows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!