Tuesday, February 7, 2012

5 Things That Take Me To My Happy Place {Listable Life}

I am so glad that I found Nicole's Listable Life blog series via SITS! Granted, I jumped on board in Week 3... but I've still found it rather enjoyable and it is my hope that you have too.  It has also provided me with a prompt to blog about rather than trying to come up with something on my own. {I've had writer's block as of late}


This week's prompt:
5 Things That Take You To Your Happy Place
So, here we go!




1. God's Word


The Word of God defines my happy place. 

It is my rock. 
my fortress. 
my hiding place. 
my source of comfort. 
my greatest treasure.







2. My Boys

When I say, "my boys," I am most definitely throwing my husband, Greg, into the mix. But I thought that I would spare all of you that uber romantic, sappy, sentimental, crap. {you're welcome} As you read from last week's Thankful Thursday post, I absolutely adore my husband. There usually isn't a "happy place" moment that does not involve Greg. But like I said, I am going to spare you from all of that mushy stuff and talk about the other "men" in my life. My sons, Hayden and Rylan.



While they drive me crazy at times and are often the source of chaos in our house, I cannot help but be overcome with joy whenever these two goobers curl up in my lap for some one on one time with Mommy. It melts my heart. My day instantly brightens when they shower me with hugs and kisses. Stress and worry disappear the very moment they whisper, "I love you, Mommy." My sons have taught me a great deal about love since they have entered into my life, because their innocence has yet to be tainted by the world's perversion of the word. These two have turned my world upside down and there is nothing that I wouldn't do for them. 


3. Running 



Running not only provides me with an excellent source of exercise, it also provides me with the ability to work out all of the things troubling me on my pavement. I love this image from Asics that I found on Pinterest, because it paints an accurate picture of how I feel while I am running.


Even if I am dreading a particular workout {ie- hills} I always, always feel better after my run. And I have yet to regret the time that I have spent either on the treadmill or the pavement.


4. Bubble Bath

Light some scented candles. Turn on Michael Buble or Josh Groban. Slip into the warm, silky water, and simply drift away. Awwww... my happy place. Peace. Quiet. Tranquility. 


Even if I can only get 20-30 minutes uninterrupted by little boys pounding on the bathroom door- it's pure bliss. 


5. Chocolate

Dark chocolate. Milk chocolate. White chocolate. Doesn't matter. I love me some chocolate. To say that I am addicted would be an understatement. Okay... maybe I am exaggerating a little bit... but I do enjoy chocolate. If you ever need to butter me up for whatever reason, all you would have to do is bring me some chocolate and I am a happy girl.



So... what are some things that make you happy?

12 comments:

  1. Love your list. Running is my sanity so I can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list made me smile. My children, like yours... bring such delight at times it is indescribable! Grateful I found you today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie- Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed it :) I'm going to return the favor and check out your blog. Hope you have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Girl, I just caught up on your blog and I must say, you and I think so much alike! It's almost scary :) And my oldest son Hayden just walked into the room, saw your 30 day remix post, and thought that was me! It was too funny :)

      Delete
  4. I love your listable list! Hopped over from Nicole's. So glad to see you are at #SitS31DBBB. I am too - running behind. :( Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm a little behind on my #SITS31DBBB as well. Opps! :)

      Delete
  5. Okay, I'm loving your blog! Linked up and I am so glad I found yours! Beautiful design and I love your post! You have a blessed life and a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah...a bubble bath and chocolate. YES please! I have yet to jump on the running bandwagon. Based on this description, I'm thinking I should! Lovely list. Thanks for linking up again! I'm really enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nicole! And thank you for hosting the link up :) After today's run, I think a bubble bath is definitely in order.

      Delete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!