Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Milestone

Okay Y'all...

I just hit a major milestone in my Journey to 13.1


I just ran a 5k in 34:53 minutes!!!

Now I know that for you more experienced runners that may not be such a big deal; but it's a huge accomplishment for me because I haven't run distances like this since college. My goal is to complete a 5k in under 30 minutes by my first race at the end of next month. I'm pretty sure I can reach my goal if I keep this up- so that excites me! 
Well, you can all go about your day now :) 
I just wanted to share my exciting news with you! 




10 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Megan, that's AWESOME! You should also be proud that you ran a 5K! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!! Awesome job Megan. Proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That is great! Way to go!! Keep up the great work. I need you to come train me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the ease into 10k app on my iPhone. It's similar to the Couch to 5k program.

      Wish we lived closer so that we could run together! :)

      Delete
  4. You may already know this one...but of course I am always looking into natural products for health reasons, especially anything to do with skin and cancer :) But I came across this and noticed people commenting about the benefits with fibromyalgia. Check it out!
    http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that link! I hadn't seen anything regarding coconut-oil and fibromyalgia. I'm always on the look out for natural pain relief products. I'm currently maintaining my symptoms with diet and exercise, but there are still flare ups that occur due to outside sources beyond my control {ie- the weather} and it would be nice to have some sort of natural pain relief for days like that. I'm definitely going to look into this!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie!! How is marathon training going? Are you excited about your race next month?!!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!