Monday, February 13, 2012

Music Monday

I am a sucker for reality shows like NBC's The Voice.

I can't help it.

There is just something about this show that draws me in.

The blind auditions at the start of the season are my favorite part. If you haven't seen the show, here is a brief overview of how it works. Each hopeful contestant performs in front of four industry judges:

 Christina Aguilera 


Adam Levine


Cee Lo Green


and
Blake Shelton


{All images courtesy of Google Images}

All four of the judges are seated in over-sized red chairs facing the audience.
{They somewhat remind me of a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland. Anyone else? No? Just me?} 
The judges listen to the contestant's performance and decide if said contestant has what it takes to make it in the industry. 


And here is what I love about this show: 
the judges make their decisions blind- they must listen intently to the contestant's voice- tone quality, pitch, overall sound, etc. The contestant isn't judged based on age, appearance, or stage presence; but on pure talent. Once the judges express an interest in the contestant, the contestant then determines which mentor he/she would like to work with. The banter that often takes place between the judges, trying to convince the contestant to pick him/her as their mentor, is beyond hilarious at times. There were moments during last week's episode that had me practically rolling on the floor with laughter. 

Watch the following clips and you'll get the general idea of how this all works.





So far this season has completely captivated me because the talent is amazing, unique, and refreshing.
Have you seen The Voice? What are your thoughts? Do you enjoy the show as much as I do?

If you haven't seen it yet, it airs Monday evenings at 8/7c on NBC. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the fact that the judges do not see them until after they sing. That way they cannot be biased by the persons appearance!
    Stopping by from the Like a Role Model blog hop!
    http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!