Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bucket List {Listable Life}

 Mornin' Y'all!

Today I am linking up with Nicole from Moments that Define Life in her listable life series because I think this is a fun way for my readers to get to know a little more about me. This week's prompt is sharing  5 Things on My Bucket List,  so here we go!

As I sat down at my computer desk for a moment and thought about my bucket list, I suddenly realized that I have never taken much time to actually consider what I would put on it. Or even write them down for that matter. I mean, I set goals for myself all of the time, but I've never sat down and created a list of things that I'd like to do before die.

Crazy, huh?

So.... after much thought, here is what I have come up with so far.



1. Visit the Nation of Israel


Ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of traveling, especially to Israel. I so desperately want to walk the very roads that Jesus walked. I want to sit beside the Sea of Galilee. I want to walk the road to Golgotha. I want to stand on the Mount of Olives. I want to see the Western Wall. If this were the only thing that I could check off on my bucket list, I would die a happy girl.


2. Run a Half Marathon

Now this one I should be able to check off at the end of this year because I intend to run the Dallas 13.1 at the end of October. I am currently training as we speak. If you'd like, you can keep up with my Journey to 13.1  where I post my training schedule. It definitely keeps me accountable knowing that my friends and family are checking up on my progress. And who knows, maybe once I have completed a half marathon, I will start training for a marathon. Ha! We'll wait and see about that.


{We can just pretend that that's me. Okie dokie!}


3. Adopt a Daughter 

Adoption is a huge passion of mine and I'm pleased to say that Greg and I are already taking steps to make this happen. After much  prayer we have decided that our first adoption {yes, Lord willing, we want to adopt multiple times} will be domestic. Greg deeply desires to adopt an infant, which could possibly take longer to go through the adoption process, but we don't mind. We'd also like to one day adopt internationally as well. 




4. Take a Photography Class

I have always been interested in photography and it has been a dream of mine to be able to take lessons. I used to own a Canon EOS Digital Rebel, but it was stolen on a beach camp trip with our student ministry a couple of years ago. I haven't been able to replace it yet, but would like to do so sometime in the near future. 



5. Tour Europe 

Having small children at moment, kind of puts a damper on our travel plans {not that we really mind} so this one will have to wait for a few years. I have always wanted to tour places like Venice, Rome, Paris and London. I enjoy history and love ancient architecture- plus the shopping would be fabulous, don't you think?! 



Well, that wasn't so hard! And it was kind of fun too! 



What are some of your life ambitions? 




Via

10 comments:

  1. My Grandma went to Israel and brought be back a hand carved manger scene Christmas ornament out of olive wood. So special. My cannon was stolen this last summer! What is that? I replaced it a couple months ago. I hope you get to do your "bucket list" Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! How special! I bet you will always treasure that ornament.

      Wow- that's crazy. Your camera was stolen too?! I'm glad you were able to replace it! I'm still trying to decide what to get- whether another Canon or maybe a Nikon?

      Hope you have a Happy Wednesday as well!

      Delete
  2. Number 3 & 4 are on my Bucket List too! :-) One day, they'll happen. Thanks for linking up this week! I hope you'll join in the fun again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! I will definitely be linking up again next week!

      Delete
  3. Love your heart! :) Thanks for sharing. We would love to do #1, and #3. We had always had in our minds to have biological children and adopted as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! I love hearing others share their desire to adopt :) It makes my heart melt!

      Delete
  4. Hi Meg! I've been checking out so many different blogs lately and I think this particular post is probably one of the most creative ways to get to know someone without having to write pages and pages of crap. Very, very thoughtful!

    I saw your post in the "Follow Me, Follow You" Group and decided to check out your blog. I joined, so I am an official new member! Your blog is quite lovely, I definitely will be checking in from time to time to see what you have to say :)

    Here is a link to my blog over at The Muses Circle: http://themusescircle.blogspot.com/

    I definitely could use some more followers and any suggestions or comments are welcome!

    Best Wishes,

    Mia at The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I will definitely go and check out your blog :)

      Delete
  5. I love that you want to adopt! "I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you." John 14:18 Such a beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that verse!! It was one of the many verses that the Lord laid on our hearts when He called us to adopt :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!