Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Because we all have something to be thankful for...


I'm thankful for new friends that I have met in the blogging community. I "met" Jamie through the SITS 31 Days to a Better Blog Challenge and we became blog buddies. Jamie is currently training to run her first marathon {not half, but a FULL marathon} that takes place next month. I'm taking away a lot of great advice through Jamie's blog, so if you are a runner, or want to be a runner, go check her out! 

Anyway, Jamie tagged me in a post a couple of weeks ago and I am just now sitting down to respond. {I'm such a bad blog buddy. Sorry Jamie!} Here are the rules:

RULES
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.

11 Random Things About Me:
1. I was born during an ice storm.
2. I am deathly afraid of snakes and sharks.
3. My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
4. I have only received one detention in my entire school career. It was for forgetting a pencil on the second day of school in 6th grade World Geography. {I'm such a rebel}
5. I'm ambidextrous. I mainly use my right hand, but I catch myself randomly switching to my left hand {expect when I write}.
6. I played the flute and piccolo in middle school and haven't touched it since
7. I have always wanted a large family {3+ kids}. We currently have two sons and plan to adopt in the near future.
8. My favorite color is sapphire blue.
9. I am married to my high school sweetheart.
10. I was a cheerleader throughout middle school and high school and almost cheered in college, but changed my mind once I got there.
11. I don't have a facebook account. {I did, but deleted several months ago after they published all of my phone contacts onto my MIL's facebook page.}

Questions from Jamie:
1. What is your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance? My KitchenAid mixer 
2. What fitness activity have you always wanted to try? Rock climbing
3. Where did you take your best or worst vacation? Best vacation was to Vancouver during my sophomore year of high school. I learned how to ski from a former professional skier. It was pretty awesome!
4. What’s your favorite season? It's a toss-up between Spring and Fall. 
5. Tap water or filtered water? Filtered water
6. You have no distractions or obligations, how would you like to spend your day? I would sleep in past 8am {I have 2 kids, I don't get to sleep in very often}, take my time in the morning- sipping on a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks, go for a run early in the afternoon, spend quality time with my family, then curl up under blankets and watch movies and eat popcorn before bed.
7. How many bones in your body have you broken? 1- my ring finger on my right hand
8. Who is your fitness inspiration? Not sure... 
9. Do you have a sweet tooth or a salty tooth? Sweet tooth for sure! 
10. What’s your favorite shoe style? I love wearing high heels.
11. What are you most looking forward to doing when the weather warms up? Going on vacation to the Dominican Republic!!! 

Tag! You're It!
I'm tagging: Cole from All the Small Stuff, Jessie from Keeping Up with the Joneses, Vanessa from vanessaschrotenboer.com, Sarah from Notice the Dirt, Lauren from {Talk of the Trains}, Holly from 300 Pounds Down, Ashley from The Ederington Family, Blair from Blairadise, Angie from Mama's Gone Madison, Jamie from The Roubinek Reality, and April from Red Dirt Mama

Your Questions:


1. Would you rather live in the mountains, or by the beach?
2. Do you consider yourself a city girl? Country girl? Or somewhere in between?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. What is your ideal vacation?
5. If you could meet any one person, past or present, who would it be?
6. Where is your favorite place to eat out?
7. Is is coke or pop?
8. If you could do anything, knowing that you would not fail at it, what would you do?
9. Would you rather be hot or cold?
10. What do you like to do in your spare time?
11. Name one country you would like to visit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!