Monday, February 20, 2012

Music Monday {Flashback Edition}

I was listening to Pandora Radio last night
{the Adele station of course}
while soaking in a much needed bubble bath and sipping on some coffee, taking in the aroma of my scented candles, and savoring a few minutes of peace and quiet.

Bubble baths, take me to my happy place.

About halfway through my relaxing bath a song came on that I had not heard since 2005, when my college roommate, Courtney, was married; and in which she danced with her father. 

"My Girl"- The Temptations





The song immediately took me back to when I was a little girl, growing up in Southern California. I recalled many Sunday afternoons when my family would spend what seemed like hours, just driving up and down the coast, on scenic Hwy 101, just listening to the oldies station and watching the surfers out in the distances. 

Those were the days...
It was a much simpler time. 
A time when I didn't yet have "grown up" responsibilities. 

I enjoyed my "flashback" so much last night that I found myself switching to the oldies station, reliving memories of my childhood. So today, on Music Monday, I'm going to share with you some of my favorite songs as a child. 

"Brown Eyed Girl"- Van Morrison




"Kokomo" - The Beach Boys




"Highway to the Danger Zone" - Kenny Loggins



What songs immediately take you back to your childhood? 
Will you share them with us?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!