Tuesday, February 21, 2012

5 Things You Couldn't Live Without {Listable Life}

Omg.

I cannot believe that I didn't link up with Nicole over at Moments that Define Life last week. While I would like to make excuses and tell y'all that I was just way to busy to do so, I cannot tell a lie. The truth is, I just didn't feel like blogging much last week. Ever have one of "those" weeks?

So anyway, I am pleased to say that I am linking up once again with Nicole this week, as I really do enjoy the various prompts we get to chose from. For Week #6, I have chosen the prompt 5 things You Couldn't Live Without. Hope you enjoy!


1. My Bible




God's Word means everything to me. EVERYTHING. And I cannot bear to think what would happen if I couldn't read my Bible. It is my rock. It is my comfort. It is my hiding place. It truly is my life-line.


2. My Family




These three guys are my world. I love them more than words can express. As much as I like to joke with my husband that I am swimming in a sea of testosterone, the truth is that I really do not mind being the only female. My boys take great care of me. All three of them love me with a fierceness that only a man can express. My sons love playing games in which I am in danger and they valiantly come to my rescue. What girl wouldn't want to be loved like that?!

If I can speak honestly, the first two on my list of things that I couldn't live without, are the only two things that would completely alter my world if they were taken from me. And because I wanted to have a complete list of 5 for you instead of two; the next three are simply things that I enjoy, but would not effect me if they were removed from my life forever. 



3. Coffee




I love coffee. And now that I am limiting my caffeine intake due to fibromyalgia {and my weight loss goals}, I crave it all the more. Especially specialty coffee like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Mmmmm.... I figure if I am going to indulge in some coffee, go big or go home, right?


4. My iPhone




I can't help it. I wish I could. But I need my iPhone. I use it every single day. I not only use it to make phone calls and send text messages; but I use it to check the weather, stay connected via social media, plan my trip to the grocery store, and if you are as directionally challenged as I am, the GPS can be a lifesaver. Plus, if you are a parent of small children, you know how those apps can come in handy.


It's a blessing and a curse. The iPhone makes managing the various aspects of my life easier; but at the same time, I can easily neglect the things {mainly people} that are most important in my life, because I can sometimes spend far too much time on it. It's a balancing act, for sure.

5. Running



This was not always the case. However, the more time that I spend training for my upcoming half marathon, the more I enjoy running. I look forward to my daily run. It's one of those rare moments in my day where I can be alone with my thoughts. I know that that may sound selfish. I wrestle with this concept often. But after much prayer, I have come to the conclusion that taking some time each day to be alone, may not necessarily be a bad thing- healthy even. 

Running allows me to clear my head and work out {literally} anything that may be bothering me. I find the rhythm of my feet pounding the pavement, soothing. The adrenaline that runs through my veins after completing a particularly difficult run, or setting a new personal record, is addicting. It makes me want to push myself. To work harder. And I love it.


So, what are some things that you cannot live without? 
Link up with Moments that Define Life and let us know!


6 comments:

  1. I really want to get back into running! I'm hoping this week's better weather inspires me! Great shot of you and your Dudes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's one of my favorite family photos of the four of us. :)

      Delete
  2. This is a fabulous list! Your family is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That pic was taken a couple of years ago. We need an updated family photo!

      Delete
  3. Ahh the IPhone, it made my list too. I can't live without it, in fact it's sitting next to me as I type this. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They brighten my day!